Friday 5 September 2008

LP collection: a brief reflection.

What you guys see here are just the vinyls that I want to have, of course there's more editions but I'm not the kind of collector who wants to have everything from Maiden released in this planet and Mars, Jupiter etc...
I just collect the very best of them, of course I intend to have all the Portuguese editions because I'm Portuguese , some Japanese, all the UK pressings of course. But when I buy , for instance, a Japanese vinyl ,I don't feel obligated to have them all, why should I?! I don't like that way of collecting and even if I was one of those collectors I also wouldn't have space in my home so...
This also applies to the 7', 12' and 10' inch pressings. I really think this is the best way of collecting, those compulsive collectors sometimes reach a point in their life that they just are fed up with so many vinyls and start to sell their collections, I know that I will never do that.
Please enjoy the ride.




Cheers!