Saturday 6 September 2008

Portuguese vinyls: Run To The Hills 1982 7' inch single, black and white photo on the back, only country who make it like that.





Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Oh yes, boys and girls, its now a reality, the super rare Run To The Hills 7' inch Portuguese pressing is in my collection since this very day. Portuguese pressings are very difficult to get a hold on and specially in this condition, the sleeve is almost new and so the vinyl, wow!!
I bought this one at Ebay and I have to spend a lot of money, this time I wouldn't allow that a foreign took me away this baby, I'm from Portugal and this edition means a lot to me, I'm not a compulsive collector who wants to have all the editions of this and other planets, and then, they put things on a shelf and don't touch it for the rest of their lives, at least I play them, no no, this time would be a Portuguese to win this,'kin bad!!!
You are looking to the pictures and probably saying: "hey, this one is different". Well, it really is boys and girls, on the back cover the photo ( this photo was used in every edition), is in black and white, only Portugal did it in this way. Its the first photo Bruce took with the rest of the boys some minutes after is audition, you may notice that they already were having a few pints to celebrate, crazy bastards, eheheheh...
The sleeve is from a thick paper, I was very impressed with this, top quality, opens from right and the label is a traditional Portuguese label, yellow background with black writings and EMI red logo.
Songs are:
Side A: Run To The Hills, album version.
Side B: Total Eclipse.
Cat.nÂș: Portugal / EMI 11c 008-07600